Selected Quranic verses regarding Hajj :
Al-Baqarah (The Cow) 2:197
For Hajj are the months well known. If anyone undertakes that duty therein let there be no obscenity nor wickedness nor wrangling in the Hajj. And whatever good ye do (be sure) Allah knoweth it. And take a provision (with you) for the journey but the best of provisions is right conduct. So fear Me o ye that are wise.
Ali'Imran (The Family or House Of Imram) 3:97
In it are signs manifest; (for example) the Station of Abraham; whoever enters it attains security; pilgrimage thereto is a duty men owe to Allah those who can afford the journey; but if any deny faith Allah stands not in need of any of his creatures.
Hajj (The Pilgrimage) 22:27
And proclaim the Pilgrimage among men: they will come to thee on foot and (mounted) on every kind of camel lean on account of journeys through deep and distant mountain highways
Selected Ahadith ( Prophetic Narrations ) regarding Hajj :
SAHIH BUKHARI Volume :1 - Narrator : Ibn 'Umar
Allah's Apostle said: Islam is based on (the
following) five (principles):
1. To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah's Apostle.
2. To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and perfectly.
3. To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity) .
4. To perform Hajj (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca).
5. To observe fast during the month of Ramadan.